Monday, October 01, 2007

Euphoria in Eugene

Well, for folks wearing blue and gold, anyway.

The trip to Eugene was tremendous fun, thanks to wonderful hospitality by the NSO folks. It was a treat to see and stay in their new house and eat much tasty food. (I didn't keep a running log like some people...)

We promised Sara special mention for suggesting and navagating to the Italian restaurant after the game - beating the crowds by moments.

The picture above was just after the game, as you might have guessed. Neither Frankie or Diane actually passed out, but I don't think either was far from it.


This was at the College Gameday broadcast before the game. We were not, however, ever seen on camera.

The Stadium itself is beautiful. The adult fans treated us well. Students - not so much. A pretty hostile place.


But mixed families were not uncommon!




Since I almost never get into the pictures, here's one where I am. However after seeing the hardhat, I suspect people prefer the old way better...
Oh yeah - GO BEARS!

2 comments:

Sonnjea said...

What? The students treated the visiting team and fans poorly? I've never heard of such a thing. I always thought the home team and fans were models of kindness and hospitality...

Good pictures. Not sure I understand the hardhat, especially with a head as hard as yours, but it's a look!

Steve said...

The hardhat has Cal decals on each side, so perhaps it makes more sense in that context.

Or perhaps not...