Friday, November 24, 2006

Zero Down, 38 to Go

Since Diane began writing her column, we've had camera issues. The small Fuji digital we have is OK but finicky, and in the wrong lighting or at the wrong settings doesn't take great pictures. This is a problem because Diane gets paid for the pictures she takes that run in the paper.

The alternative is that she sometimes gets to use the Nikon D70 school newspaper camera, when I have it checked out. Nice SLR Nikon digital that takes great pictures. But during the semester, I don't have it checked out.

A couple of weeks ago after a particularly frustrating Fuji experience, we decided (OK, she complained and I decided) it was time to get a new camera. Tried to get the D70s, but at the price I wanted to spend could only order it from a place who later told me they didn't have it and I could wait weeks for their backorders to be filled. I passed.

Ended up getting a Nikon D50 instead. Came out after the D70 and has many of its features with a slightly simplier interface. Should serve our purposes for many, many years. Only have an 18-55 lens right now (and an old, broken 300mm lens that works but doesn't autofocus), but Diane's column pictures should be better.

She only has to publish 38 more to pay for the camera!

6 comments:

Sonnjea said...

Great minds...I just wrote my post for tomorrow and it's about photos. But I guess you'll have to wait till tomorrow.

The pix look really good. I felt a pang looking at the thanksgiving table. I wish we were there!

Enjoy the camera!

Next Stop Oregon said...

It was great to see you guys! We do wish that we were able to join you guys this Thanksgiving! Moving isn't a fun thing ever, but it was exciting to be moving into our first house! We sure hope we can see you (and your house) in Jan!

Steve said...

We wish you could have all been here. (Cranium was played...)

Soon!

Sonnjea said...

What - no Metsopoly?

Sonnjea said...

Wasn't this called zero down, 19 to go?

Steve said...

I thought she got paid more per photo than she really does...