Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Damn Lot to be Thankful For

It's been a good year, and I know it.

Listing everything I'm thankful for would take more time and typing than anyone wants to read, so I'll mention just a few highlights.

I'm thankful for my family, Diane and the kids. My life has never been better, richer or more fun.

I'm thankful for my sisters and brothers-in-law. I know you don't get to pick your siblings, but if you did, I'd pick you. (Weird is somehow intreguing...)

I'm thankful that our health is all good and that Stanford did it's job for mom.

I'm thankful that mom's remaining work career can now be counted in mere days. Yea!

I'm thankful that our business got off to a good start and looks promising.

I'm thankful that Dave Richards told me to buy this house -- and I listened!

Have a great Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Sonnjea said...

Now you make me wish I'd done a Thankful post...

I remember fighting (bickering, I think is the word Mom & Dad used) with you and Sara constantly and Mom saying we had no idea how lucky we were to have siblings and how lonely it was to be an only child and one day we'd all be best friends.

And I'd roll my eyes and think, "Yeah, right."

I can't pinpoint exactly when "one day" arrived, but sometime long ago it happened, and I am thankful that Mom was right!

Steve said...

It's the truth.

Anonymous said...

And I'm thankful for marrying into the crazy crowd. You guys are the bestest.

Next Stop Oregon said...

I'm a day late on responding, but this was a really nice idea ... and not just because we ranked on the list! I am also thankful we all enjoy each other's company! Family time is always fun, not an obligation! And the spouses just add to the fun (wierdness)! We hope that we can see everyone in the new year, but in the meantime, the blogs have been a lot of fun! I love you guys!