Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Column Fodder

One of the downsides to being married to a newspaper columnist, as I am discovering, is that occassionally you become a character in the column. Our blogs had that honor yesterday. I would link to the story, but The Union Democrat website hasn't figured out how to include its local columnists' work on-line, so I just mention it in passing and will show you the column when I next see you.

Other than the whole rooster in the mall bit, it wasn't too damning. Oh, she did call us geeks, but sometimes it's hard to argue...

7 comments:

Sonnjea said...

I think we're going to have to see a copy of this column before we make any commitments for future tailgating parties...

Sonnjea said...

P.S. A.D. didn't mock our fake definitions, did she??? Because that's not cool. I mean, it's one thing to call me a geek or ridicule my Haiku or make fun of Dave's heartbreaking and debilitating birdaphobia, but to insult the winningest family in fake-word-defintion history is just NOT COOL.

Steve said...

I'll have to scan it in or something. She did not mock our definitions. She might have mocked our celebration of all winning for our fake word definitions...

Sonnjea said...

Look, the Twins were pathetic, the Mets broke our hearts -- why shouldn't we celebrate where we can? We have to have something that brings us joy in this cold hard world we live in. So we like inventing inane and useless definitions of words -- who are we hurting? It's not like we're hooked. We can stop any time we want. Really. I'll quit tomorrow, right after I vellicate my breakfast.

Sonnjea said...

Speaking of definitions... You're in the top three today!

Steve said...

Shari's definition is better. But mine's shorter!

Next Stop Oregon said...

Oooh! Next I want to be in a screenplay. --D