Sunday, March 25, 2007

Raking and Hauling and Burning, Oh My!

Spring is nice. Owning four-tenths of an acre of well-forested land is nice.

Spring cleaning on said well-forested four-tenths of an acre is something other than nice.

We did expand the visible look of our land today. The creekbed that run on the left side of the house was always hidden from the street by a dense stand of trees and these woody shoot things that grow on the edge of the roadway. I had already limbed the trees up about 10 feet, which opened things up some, and removed one dead tree. (It was leaning, rotted away at ground level, held up by other trees. So I grabbed the trunk and ran opposite the lean and it fell quite nicely. Yesterday I knocked over some dead trees just over the back fence. Don't tell my absentee neighbor...) (They were dead, though...)

Anyway, today I cut down the woody shoot things and raked the first third or so of the creekbed clean of debris. VASTLY expands the look of our place, and will so even more when I find a matching two-rail fence to put up on that side.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring is going away for a few days - you might even get a little snow up your way.

Steve said...

I read that. That's OK - we like the snow, too.

Dave V said...

That sounds like a lot of work! In our neighborhood, we don't have any trees that you can't wrap your hand around. --or that are taller than you. If i felled a tree around here, people might get a little peeved.

How about some pictures...

Snow schmoe. It's almost baseball season!!!!!

Sonnjea said...

Hmmm. You have time to doctor ovenmitt photos and no time to take a quick picture of your lovely woods!

You really are weird.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?