Saturday, March 10, 2007

Numbers

I'm not sure what it is with the movies right now, but there are a couple of numerical flicks out there. The Number 23, with Jim Carrey, which I'm not going to see (and which is redundant because once I write it stars Jim Carrey I don't need to add "which I'm not going to see"); and 300, which I will see.

I have a new favorite number: 4442.

That's the tax refund check that just appeared in my mailbox. Another happy number is 6, which is the interest HSBC is going to pay on new deposite until April 30 (after which is goes back to 5).

And in the number arena, 9 is a bad number -- my Sallie Mae student loan interest rate -- but 3.9 is a better number, and I was able to transfer most of my outstanding student loan to a Discover Card with a 3.9 fixed rate on balance transfers until 2011. I'll get the rest paid off myself in the next month of so.

5 comments:

Sonnjea said...

Well, those are indeed some spiffy numbers! Good for you (and excellent that you're not seeing the Jim Carrey thing; I have the same rule).

Speaking of numbers:

don't forget to set your clocks ahead 1 hour tonight.

1 is the loneliest number.

No swimming for 1 hour after eating.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Steve said...

I had to download a patch to tell my Blackberry 8700 to change its time tonight.

Pat said...

Hope your Blackberry patch works better than the MicroSoft patch the hospital put on our Outlook calendars.

And Kelly says you'll like 300. (She saw it last night.)

Steve said...

I guess I'll know about the Blackberry patch tomorrow. I sympathize with Outlook users. I know it's this all-fired powerful program, but I've never liked it and don't use it. I bought a contact and calendar PIM program called Time & Chaos, which I absolutely love.

Next Stop Oregon said...

Good for you! Enjoy the tax return! We are just happy that we don't OWE that much this year! And, not surprising, OR doesn't gouge you on taxes like NY and NYC! We owe just over $800! Not something most people get excited about, but we've been over 2k the past few years!

Very cool move on the student loan! 9% blows!

How did you like the movie?