Tuesday, July 03, 2007

An Update on the Ebay

Here's an update on the ebay. I mentioned in my previous blog I was going to put my old bike trainer up. So I wiped the dust away last night and took pictures and boxed it up. This morning I took it to the post office and had it weighed, then listed it today with a buy-it-now price of $55. At auction they sell for around $70 or $75 from what I could tell, and some don't sell at all. (Which is the bad thing about the ebay - if your item doesn't sell, you still have to pay the listing fees.)
Anyway, it's gone. Guy in Virginia did a buy-it-now and paid through paypal, and I've already had the money transferred to my savings account (it takes a few days to show) and he paid calculated shipping so it's not out of my pocket and I'm $55 richer and have one less thing gathering dust in storage.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend and her daughter would go to garage sales to find items that would sell well on e-bay. They had a nice little business going.
Nice to be getting rid of stuff you don't need any longer and get a few bucks for them.

Sonnjea said...

Wow, that's great. And Jim seems like a helpful chap; such a giver.

Steve said...

Sonnjea's comment refers to a spammer who has since been sent to hell and gouged with small, sharp sissors.

Sonnjea said...

Small, sharp scissors that you purchased on the eBay!!