Wednesday, May 23, 2007

An Electric (and ebay) Update

I know my electric usage is of import to really no one but me, but I did get the first fully post-CFL conversion bill today, and daily consumption dropped another 8.6%, to 26.5 Kwh per day. I know that's still not great, but we recently learned that the heater in our hot tub is going out and drawing 33 amps when it kicks in. It's still under warranty and on order, so we may see even more of a drop (hopefully) when it's replaced.

To compare to last year, before CFLs and before I insulated the spa: 37.9 Kwh/day to 26.5, and $240 to $140. I like this year's better.

As for the ebay update, I decided to sell off the Honda as parts and save up for a late-70s, early-80s BMW R-series. First piece got listed yesterday and sold today - my first ebay sale.

2 comments:

Sonnjea said...

Yea! (On all fronts!)

Next Stop Oregon said...

Good for you!