Friday, October 24, 2008

More Masked Bandits

The bandits returned last night.
Gus started pitching a fit around 8 p.m., barking at the open field next door. Knowing creatures were astir, we shut off the dog door so he'd be stuck inside once we went to bed.
About 1 a.m. he's up barking again, and I see two raccoons scavenging for dog food on our back porch. I went outside and they both climbed this tree. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera right away because when I first saw them they were both behind the tree, one peeking out from the left, one peeking out from the right.
Anyway, they vandaled around for a while and finally took their show on the road.

7 comments:

Retired Mama said...

So cute - They will probably be back tonight.

Steve said...

Cute my ass. They are the hoodie-wearing hooligans of the animal kingdom.

If they could figure out a way to buy spray paint, I'm sure they would have tagged my house.

Sonnjea said...

I'm confused... You got up at 1 a.m. when your dog went bonkers, and you didn't automatically grab a camera on your way to investigate?

I don't know about you mountain folks...

Steve said...

Can't hold a camera and a gun at the same time...

Sonnjea said...

You don't have 2 hands?

Steve said...

Damn, that's what this other appendage is over on my left!

Unknown said...

Crazy raccoons! If you did grab your camera 1st you'd always have proof to show the cops.