Sunday, August 05, 2007

Pie and Parts

Yeah, with that headline I'd be worried too. But the pie is delicious, peach, and entirely Diane-made right down to picking the fruit.


Here's the original picture of my motorcycle, and below it a current picture. I'd used Publisher to put in clever little arrows to point out improvements, but they've disappeared. (Apparently I'm not as clever as I thought...)

But if you look closely, you'll spot them. The front fork brace was chipped and rusty and the
nuts holding it in place were rusty. The rear shocks were rusty. The sidecovers were missing. The valve cover was faded and chipped.
I've also used the ebay to find a tool tray, which was missing when I got the bike, and made the seat lock work so the new tool tray won't go missing.
In other news, I saw Bourne yesterday and it's quite good.


6 comments:

Sonnjea said...

I can't notice all those things in the photos, but I can see the bike looks very nice. And it seems happy living in its new home.

But the pie - it looks like it'd be happier living in MY home...

Steve said...

She used 12 cups of peaches and the crust is to die for! It won't be living much longer in my home, I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

The bike looks good

The pie really looks good

I enjoyed the movie as well

Next Stop Oregon said...

Reading your post made me feel like I was back at a doctor's office waiting room when we were kids reading "Highlights" and trying to find the 7 things different from one picture to the next.

The bike looks pretty, as does the pie.

We also saw the movie and enjoyed it. That was the last of the summer movies we were interested in.

Happy pie eating!

Dave V said...

I must admit, I want to steal your your bike and pie and ride off into the sunset.

Steve said...

It's really hard to eat pie on a motorcycle, especially with a full-face helmet!