Friday, June 08, 2007

Like Nature, This Land Abhors a Vacuum

Here's the problem I've discovered with clearing away the old motorcycle bits and officially declaring that project dead: Now I have no project.

I spent a whole day last weekend cleaning and organizing my garage and imposing some logic on even my catch-all tool drawers and the tote where I dump leftover screws and nuts. And now I've got this great land with good tools and essentially two days off with no work due and NO PROJECT!

For those keeping score at home, my grand total on eBay was a profit of $264 after shipping costs and selling fees, which was more than I paid for the original motorcycle, so that's something...

I could design and build a headboard, which I may get started on next week. Today I'm going to go clean the house and walk the dogs and enjoy the very nice weather.

In my serial obsessive nature (which is better than cereal obsessive, I suppose...) my latest craving looks a lot like this:
This is a 1977 BMW R100 at a dealer in Orange. Not a big fan of the big fairing in front, but those are removable (and replaceable with cool S-style fairings....)

This obviously isn't in the debt-reduction plan this year, and it's obviously just a big old toy. (But such a pretty toy!) So mostly I check craigslist and classified ads and occasionally drool when I see something like this.
Rest assured that if such a motorcycle did appear in This Land, pictures would appear on the blog.

6 comments:

Sonnjea said...

Glad to know you don't have a cereal obsession, although that would be pretty darn funny.

If you need projects, we can probably help you out with that...

the bike in the photo looks like the CHP bikes, so you'll be giving everyone in front of you a heart attack if you get that one. But it is nice.

Next Stop Oregon said...

Good to make a profit on the bike and have had the fun of working on it too. You'll have some sort of project in no time!!

Have a fun weekend - S

Dave V said...

That bike would look great on a winding road, on a cliff above the ocean, on the Amalfi Coast...

or even just the Oregon coast!!

Dave V said...

Oh, btw, that elliott-work-gene is just out of control.

Steve said...

What's she doing now?

Sonnjea said...

I meant to say, I abhor the vacuum as well...