Saturday, June 23, 2007

Have I Mentioned That I Love My Motorcycle?

No pictures of motorcycle parts today, I'm afraid (although it is still early and many things can happen...)

No, just words today; happy words of Bavarian joy.

I love my motorcycle. As I told Diane the other day, it's the coolest vehicle I have ever owned, without a doubt.

Been riding some (been busy, too, so not a lot) but the first couple of days hesitentancy and reacclimating is done. I still have to relearn and polish my technical skills, but that comes with hours and time.

Went to the BMW dealership in Modesto when I was in the Valley last week and bought all the fluids and filters to do a full servicing, which I'll get started on this weekend. Gave the bike a nice scrub yesterday and waxed the fenders and tank (shiny!) and last night (after beers with the people who raise goats) I was out here emery-clothing spokes and watching a rerun of Serenity on HBO. (I've never actually seen emery-clothing used as a verb before, but there's always a first.)

Anyway, life is good.

7 comments:

Next Stop Oregon said...

I guess a project that runs IS more fun that a project in pieces!! Glad you are enjoying the bike and feeling comfortable on it too!

Sonnjea said...

Oh, I'm so glad you love it!!

And how's it coming on the goat-cheese front?

Steve said...

Like I said, I can get you the goat. What you do after that is up to you...

Sonnjea said...

So besides drinking beer with the likes of you, the goat-raising people raise goats and then sell them... as what? Pets? Dinner?

Steve said...

They sell them at auction, and yes, I suspect most of them become BBQ rather quickly

Sonnjea said...

I don't think I've ever had bbq goat. Maybe in cooking class we'll learn that.

Faraon said...

Hi! Nice Blog! hardlink trade http://bmwmotorcyclesbrand.blogspot.com/
bmw motorcycles