Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Unabashedly '80s!

OK, Frankie may have a point.

Frankie, who has memorized more music than I've ever heard, gives me unrelenting grief for my musical taste (or lack thereof.) And yes, I'm still an '80s guy.

Driving back to the office in Stockton today from lunch, flipping around and come across a song that makes me stop, then turn the radio up. It's got that rich keyboard bubblegum sound and Patty Smyth vocals. "Shooting out the walls of heartache, bang bang, I am the warrior."

The '80s rule.

3 comments:

Sonnjea said...

Better than Mazel Tov is all we do...

I love the scene in Jerry Maguire where he's looking for a song he can belt out in the car after he signs the contract. Finally he finds Tom Petty.

The 80s rule.

Steve said...

What song were you trying to sing with Mazel Tov is all we do?

Sonnjea said...

Stay With You by the Goo Goo Dolls. Turns out the line is, "The walls will fall before we do" -- but it sounds like Mazel tov is all we do.