Sunday, November 02, 2008

Like Water off a Duck's Back

Yep, we did go to the Cal-Oregon game yesterday, and yep, we got wet. VERY wet. Pruney-finger wet. Wore water repellent coats and pants and it didn't make a damn bit of difference wet. The saving factor was that it wasn't freezing. (That would have been really bad and somewhat dangerous.) Frankie did catch the baton - two hands - but a catch is a catch, especially given the weather. Cal won, which was a nice bonus for us.

Today I built this compost bin. All wood I had in the scrap pile. It's 3 x 3 x 2 feet tall - plenty to get us started. None of the fence-board pieces I had left over were 3 feet long, so all the slats are made from two 18-inch pieces. The 2x4s sticking up at the corners were on purpose. Diane thought she might want it one board higher, so I left the corner posts sticking up to make that easy should we choose to do it. I think this will work out, though, and if so I'll cut them off flush.

I also made some improvements to the '02, but you'll have to visit Everything's Shiny for the details...

1 comment:

Sonnjea said...

Cool compost bin! Hope your pruney fingers have recovered. and kudos to Frankie for making the catch in the downpour!