Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Idgie Containment System

Well it is after today.

It was a beautiful day today - mid to upper-70s, leaves changing, etc. etc. I was outside fussing with the wiring on the '02, and let the dogs come out with me. AD was in a class at the gym, (so it's not all my fault...)

Anyway, the horn is on the bad circuit I was working on and I got it to work and tested it a few times and AD gets home and the dogs are gone. Gus visits his dog friends sometimes when he's out, but always comes home. Idgie doesn't wander. When I let her out like that she snuffles in the creekbed and suns herself on the steps.

But she doesn't like high-pitched noises and apparently the horn chased her away.

It's 11 a.m. when we start looking for her. (Found Gus in like two minutes.) Can't find Idgie, and she's so deaf that she's not going to hear us call and whistle even if she's two feet away. (I think the only noises she can hear are the ones she doesn't like.)

We look all day, walking and driving, and no Idgie. I hoped that I'd have luck after dark with a flashlight - she can see. It worked. She was two blocks away, belly was wet (how, we don't know) but not in any apparent duress after her 6-hour outing.

So quite a stressful day, all in all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad Idgie-Gidgie is home safe and sound. Of course, you know it was MY idea to change the name of the GSC to the ICS. Better yet, the GICS -- rhymes with "chicks."

Sonnjea said...

That's a bad day, but glad it had a happy ending!

Retired Mama said...

Nice ending to a long day. How is she feeling today?

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Idgie's escape! But, after a long, stressful day you got a great ending! I don't blame her for not liking loud noises.

On a completely separate note, we've got an Olympus Evolt 510 shipping to us as I type! We figured the possibility of taking pictures at the inauguration was finally enough reason to pony up and buy the darn thing. Now if we just get lucky enough to get tickets and maybe in close enough vicinity to actually see something!!

Steve said...

Congrats on the camera. Idgie is fine. Hell, she was fine last night.

In other news, I'm pretty sure I finally found and fixed the short that was blowing out the number 6 fuse. If in a few days I' still on the same fuse, it'll be confirmed.

Dave V said...

Yeah Idgie! Glad she's safe. I'm sure Gus was worried too.