Sunday, August 17, 2008

Full Moons Make Us Sleepy

It's true. The full moon - or even a good, bright almost-full moon, makes us walk around in a zombie-like stupor the next day. Today, for instance.

The problem with a full moon is that it brings the forest critters out in larger numbers than usual. And Gus takes his responsibility of protecting us from any and all forest critters very seriously.

Before the GCS, he'd just stand in the living room and bark at the lunar-inspired invaders. Now he starts in the living room, then bolts out the back door in order to better confront them.

This happened every hour last night from midnight until 6 a.m. But, I do have to say that the critters did not vandalize the house or steal our cars...

4 comments:

Sonnjea said...

What a good dog!

I, too, am zombie-like and sleepy today. I had no idea Gus was to blame.

Dave V said...

Hmm, I thought my facial hair was extra thick this morning.

Sonnjea said...

I hope that was actual Edward David, and not Sara using his login, as is her custom...

Next Stop Oregon said...

Leave me and my beard alone! - S