Monday, June 30, 2008

The G.C.S (Gus Containment System)

Here's some first pictures of the Gus Containment System. Top is the new fence on the east side of the house. The design is cedar up four feet (following the contour) with a two-foot wire panel above. The wire and post caps echo details on our existing decks and blend nicely. (The caps will be painted trim green.)

The whole system consists of two side fences and a boatload of woven wire fencing attached to the split rail fence that mostly encircles our back .40.

Had to run new split-rail along the east edge.

The west side fence runs from the edge of the garage. The wire will connect here, cross the creek and carry over to the existing split rail on that edge of the property. Hopefully, it won't look too bad, and because it starts a goodly distance in from the street, won't cut off the view of the creek much. Ran a few boards short on the gate, which will also be curved like the other.

Dogs is not cheap.



6 comments:

Sonnjea said...

Holy moly! I did a whole lotta nothin' after I left your place. Evidently, you stole all my energy!

Nice fence, though.

Retired Mama said...

That is a great looking fence - Gus should be very proud.

Unknown said...

Your fence is really pretty! Looks like it was a lot of work, but the end result will be great!

Steve said...

Thanks. I got the wooden fences finished up last night - wire installed, stops in place, etc. I'm real happy with how they came out.

Now to the installation of the wire...

Dave V said...

Sorry I'm a few days late here, but holy moishe, nice fence. Great job!
Is gus happy with it? I guess I should ask after the wire portion is complete.

Sonnjea said...

Holy Moishe? I'm not sure I know what to make of that.

I think the more apropos question is "Are the neighbors happy with it?"