Saturday, February 02, 2008

Well and Truly Sick of Snow

It has snowed every day or every other day for well over two weeks now, and I'm tired of it.

I want to ride my motorcycle - even for a qick trip to the hardware store. Last Monday I went to Arnold and at the upper end of town the roads were solidly iced over. Not good on two wheels. If it keeps up, I think I'll built some outriggers and try anyway.

I want to change the oil in our cars. They're both due, and given the mileage I'm racking up, overdue. The last three weekends have been too wet and white to even try.

I want to see my driveway. We did, for a day or two. I had shoveled and then it rained one afternoon, and that's great. All the little slushy bits washed away and the driveway and roads were perfectly clear. Then it snowed.

The long-time neighbors tell us this is unusual, so unless Al Gore's climate changes are doing it, hopefully we won't have this every year. And part of my frustration I'm sure is that with the Stockton gig I've got limited time home to do things like change our oil or build a dog run, so when the weather prevents it, it gets pushed out another week, not a day.

Thus endeth the whine.

3 comments:

Sonnjea said...

I understand the frustration, though obviously not the snow bit. We've had rain the past few weekends, and this weekend there's no rain predicted until late tomorrow, so i had planned all this stuff I wanted to do in the yard.

Instead, I got the friggin' cold and don't have the energy to talk, let alone hoe. Ah well.

Anonymous said...

And more snow and rain tonight and tomorrow.

Next Stop Oregon said...

Bummer that you've had so much snow! It is fun, but if it starts to interfere with your regular life then it gets annoying! Our snow fall was nice b/c it was here for about 3 days and then the rains washed it away. Our snowman is now the size of a volleyball ... sad!

Hopefully you can go riding soon!

And Sonnjea, Dave was surprised b/c he thought you were always up for hoeing!