Sunday, May 17, 2009

Geek From Go - Deal With It

Saw Star Trek today and loved it.

As a kid, I loved the original series. Knew all the episodes. Had a phaser flashlight and a viewscreen in my clubhouse.

NO complaints about the series reboot. The original Trek characters were always the coolest, and to see them back in action is fine by me. You don't have to be a fan to enjoy the movie, either. (Karl Urban as McCoy steals the frickin' show, though, and you have to know the original Bones to get that.)

Anyway, highly recommended, But my my cell ringtone is the Doctor Who theme, if that colors the recommendation at all...

6 comments:

Sonnjea said...

I was just telling someone that you had a communicator when you were a kid, and they didn't believe me. Guess I'll have to show them your blog!

Dave V said...

I too watched many of the original series on late night reruns as a kid. I loved them, even if I was often dozing off (it aired at midnight).

Haven't seen the new one yet. but, I can't wait.

Steve said...

Yeah, communicator, too...

Unknown said...

Oh, and don't forget the curtains and bedspread that were a Star Trek print ...

Sonnjea said...

And the Star Trek jammies.

Steve said...

Don't remember the jammies. And, btw, just how did my communicator-carrying childhood come up in conversation?